Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grandma's Marathon Weekend

What is a weekend without a lil' Settlers?

Mimi and Gwen

Sunday lunch...3 families...12 kids...lots of delicious food...several indecent exposures...34 screams in response to said exposures...one bloody nose.

Jason the marathon runner and Steve with his new grill.
Thank you economic stimulus check yet to be received.

Whipper Snapper Racers

Clark leading the girls in some pre-race stretches.

Josie and Ella's first ribbons ever:)

Racing cut into Gwen's naptime.....she couldn't make it home.

Waiting at the 25 mile marker after one of many weekend downpours.


Jason and Greg finished the marathon in 4:08. And it turns out I can no longer blame my marathon misty eyes on pregnancy hormones. I am just absolutely amazed by people's determination. To the point of tears. And so, in honor of the determination of the runners of marathons......and yes, even half marathons, I will show my own determination by ceasing to gorge myself on brownies and homemade ice cream as I have all weekend. As soon as I'm finished with that last little bit down in the freezer....Mmmmmm:)

3 comments:

Kim said...

I checked Jason's time as soon as I saw results were being posted. He did well!

I've never understood the run 26.2 miles thing. I think you must be crazy to do that, but I think nothing of deciding to walk 60 miles. I am, in my mind, completely normal. Huh.

It looks like you had a ton of fun. I can't even imagine what it must have been like. If only I could get Lisa to pop out a few kids, we could start catching up.

The Three 22nds said...

Settlers! I am envious! We used to play 2 times a week...it has been a couple of months now...

we started training for this triathlon and since then settlers has been a thing of the past.

Sabrina said...

Makes me want to start training again!!!!
Oh Im sorry, I just busted my evil twin writing as me...
UGH! I hate when she does that!