Friday, August 15, 2008

Kids? What kids?

Just to be clear, I DO realize my latest ramblings have been rather......umm, self indulgent. Don't say I didn't warn you [see blog subtitle]. So I showed off my Walgreen's deals and took a few pictures of the cutest areas of my home that (thanks to the laws of gravity) weren't covered in wet towels, dried up play dough or definitive evidence of scissor "practice". I've been so busy presenting myself as bargain hunter, interior decorator, and MVP of the softball team that I have failed to mention my ever fighting whining present girlies. So to sassify you lurking loving grandparents....a few tidbits of the grandgirlies.



Tonight as we were just about through devouring our taco dinner, Gwen came down from the bathroom (where she had followed Ella who had excused herself moments before) to inform us that "Ella needs a p------y seeee!" Gwen is quite eloquent for a 2 year old, and it sounded to us like Ella needed a potty seat. But she tenaciously kept shaking her head and repeating "Ella needs a p----y seeee!" After about 5 or 6 repeats, Addie was the one to finally decipher her baby talk.... "Ella needs a PRIVACY!" Aaaaah!

"Can you get it, Daddy?" :)


And now a lil su'm su'm from the 3 year old world of Ella. She has recently become amazed at her own intellect. I've been hearing multiple times a day, "I know why_______ is called a _________! Because it is ________!" I suppose you might need examples.
"Mommy, I know why sour cream is called sour cream! Because it's sour!"
"Mommy, I know why toilet paper is called toilet paper! Because it goes in the toilet!"
"Mommy, I know why a pillow case is called a pillow case! Because it goes on a pillow!"
"Mommy, I know why a washcloth is called a washcloth! Because you use it to wash!"

I'm sure you get the picture. The funny part is her excitement over her discoveries. (Those exclamation points are true exclamation points.) I'm telling you, that girl will get a full ride to the college of her choice someday. Pure genius!;)

3 comments:

The Three 22nds said...

I LOVE the picture of the table. Seriously. It reminds me of home.

When did Gwen turn two? By the way, I have loved the name Gwendolyn since jr. high and always wanted to use it for a daughter. Alas, we have not yet had one, and my husband likes some others better. Is your Gwen a Gwendolyn?

Heather of the EO said...

A little birdie told me there's a possibility I could meet you in PERSON next weekend. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!
No pressure! :)
I love the table pic too. That's what mine looks like three times a day. So far my favorite thing to step on after a meal is raspberries--really cold, squishy and oh so staining.

joolee said...

3 22nds...Remember, I only use pseudo-names!!! But if I was trusting enough to use actual names, her given name would be Gwenyth. And she turned 2 at the end of May. Enjoy you boys, for "alas, " we will not ever have one.

Heather....not sure if I'll be able to make it, but if I am, I'm sure I'll be sick to my stomach all day, wondering how to wear my hair and what outfit to wear and stressing that you won't like me in person;)