Friday, October 31, 2008

A long time coming

I just realized that although I personally notified the winner of the nudie caption contest, I failed to announce my decision to the rest of you clever participants. I'm sorry you have all been refreshing my blog page every 30 seconds for the past few weeks, phone in hand ready to notify your local paper of your latest achievement, and I'm even more sorry that you sold some valuable baseball cards sheathed in plastic to make room in your binder for your new Garbage Pail Kids collection. And now with apologies made, and without further ado.....the winner is............ MY DAD with his caption "Holy Navel, Buttman!" 

My dad has a great sense of humor, and I hope this doesn't seem like a conflict of interest. All of the entries were so entertaining.....I might just make an effort to do regular caption writing contests as a reminder of man's (and woman's) amazing creative capabilities. Fun things! Julie of theanticsofthethree22nds was the runner-up in this contest as she hit on the whole idea of perspective that I had originally envisioned. My thought was something along the lines of "things observed beyond this obstruction" or something to that effect. Anyway, thanks to all you witty participants, apologies for my failure to announce the winner sooner, and best wishes for a scare-free Halloween. 

P.S. After picking up our 8 free mini-pizzas (2 per kid cuz they had lots of extras) from Papa Murphy's, Steve took us all shining for deer. In the cemetery. On Halloween! If it wasn't for my coma-inducing heated car seat, I'm quite sure I would have wet myself.

No comments: