Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The more you know

The purpose of this post is twofold. First, I would like to inform my loyal readers of the dangers of using a stovetop for purposes other than those indicated in the user's manual. My cousin just posted about a close call she had this morning. Scary stuff.
Secondly, I would like to reveal the current, albeit temporary, residents of MY stovetop. For you, my loyal readers. To ensure that you start your day on a cloud of comparative housekeeping success. Unless, of course, your stovetop looks similar to mine. In which case I triple dog dare you to post a picture of it. So I can stop feeling like an overwhelmed pathetic excuse for a stay-at-home mom.                                     



  1. My 25 cent vintage green colander filled with tomatoes that were picked before we left on vacation. Eeew.
  2. A cheese grater that I couldn't fit back in the utensil drawer.
  3. A box of Mackinac City fudge that I paid WAY too much money for. 
  4. A baggy containing last night's leftover blueberry muffins.
  5. A stack of plastic cups left over from Steve's fantasy football draft.
  6. NINE bottles of marinade! This, folks, is what happens when I ask Steve to pick up a few ears of corn at the store on his way home from work. He thought these were too cheap to pass up. I thought I might just hang onto the receipt (also pictured here) in case I had enough spare time in my already packed days to return 9 extremely overpriced bottles of flavor infused oil. 
  7. A package of heavy duty flashlights Steve won at a golf tournament. Three cheers for nighttime illumination!
  8. A virtual pet game someone gave me at a garage sale cuz she didn't know if it would still work. This, people, is currently motivating Addie to clean half the house and complete her schoolwork with an unbelievably positive attitude (her idea.) Sure hope the battery works:{
  9. Two....get that, TWO hair brushes! Within two feet on the pasta spoon!


6 comments:

The Three 22nds said...

love the marinade explanation. That is what Noah would do. I avoid sending him to the store because he always comes home with stuff like that.

Heather of the EO said...

My stove-top is currently holding a johnny jump up thingy. Yup.

You are so funny, lady. I just love reading your posts.

And your comments.

Sabrina said...

Now you can go shining for dear.

Billi Jo said...

Be wary about letting your man get a way with too many miss guided errand runs. They could be sabotaging themselves into not having to do it at all. Boyz!!

The Three 22nds said...

In my defense...okay, there is no defense...

But in Steve's defense, magic shirts do exist. Don't know if his is the bona fide, but they do exist.

-N

Kim said...

I wish I had taken a picture of the charred remains of my burner, but I wasn't thinking clearly. Shoot.

I love me some marinades. I buy tons and then clean out the cupboard and find expired bottles. Yum.