Tuesday, May 10, 2011

on deadlines

I have always needed a deadline to be productive. Yes, I was the one who waited till the night before a term paper was due to pull an all-nighter. I need to know that company will be arriving in few hours before I manage to collect enough dust bunnies from the stairs to stuff a body pillow. And I need a friend to link to my blog calling it "witty" and "charming" before I can barely manage to pull myself out of my "much too long" Mother's Day nap stupor to post something non-whiney.

Witty and charming. Ready. Set. Go.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Okay. That is too much pressure. Even for me.

It is supposed to get into the 90s today! BLECK! I can already feel the humidity induced blemishes surfacing on my chin. On the other hand, I am absolutely giddy about the garden we have planned this year. I have seeds started both at home and at the nursing home where I work and my beans are already a foot tall! I have to say, I feel like a little kid when it comes to things growing out of the dirt. God is a fabulous magician, and even though I know the outcome of seed + dirt + sun + water, I still stand flabbergasted on the mornings the first little shoots have managed to poke their little heads above the soil. Amazing.


And that's it folks. An incredible failed attempt at "witty" and "charming." And now I'll post a picture of my dream gardens so you forget how lame my blog is.


1 comment:

The Mary Behind the Makings said...

I totally hear you on the excitement over seeds coming up... it never ceases to thrill me.