Wednesday, October 20, 2010

only an IKEA bag would be big enough


Thank goodness for that Ikea bag I had to buy in order to haul all my napkins and towels home a few months ago. It's the only bag big and strong enough to hold all the pears I picked this week! All of these are from just one of my trees......and all picked with my feet still on the ground!




Pears are my favorite and my best!


So just a little update:
I'm loving fall and.......
  • the cool weather that lets me break out my favorite puffy vest
  • the brown leaves crunching under our feet......and waking us up in the middle of the night when the possums and bucks venture under our bedroom window
  • the smell of the homemade applesauce simmering in the crock pot
  • the promise of a newly installed wood stove (the heating guy is coming out to give his expertise about the fire codes etc. in a few hours.) Hopefully Steve can start building the hearth this weekend!!!!!
  • perusing old issues of Cottage Living for decorating inspiration for the upcoming holiday season:) I think today I might cut apple slivers for some future tree ornaments.

(SIGH)

Have mentioned I love fall?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you making pear sauce, too? I like it better than applesauce :-)

Sally