Monday, November 23, 2009

a good day

So I'm relaxing (as much as I can with a jacked up tailbone) in my parent's recliner with my warm laptop and the scent of homemade cookies and coffee filling the air. Who makes cookies before 9am, you ask. My mom, I answer. She is da bomb.

Today is going to be a good day. My to-do list is significantly shortened due to the fact that I am far from my home where the piles of dirty laundry loom, the tub begs to be scrubbed and the clutter prevents me from relaxing sans guilt. Instead, I am at my childhood home..... where the kids are not bored with the toys, where there are no stinky washcloths rotting in the sink, where the shower is not sprouting, where seldom is heard a discouraging word and the skies are not cloudy all day. Don't get me wrong. I adore my grown up home where I get to pretend that I'm a grown-up with grown-up responsibilities, but I DO appreciate a day when my list of things to accomplish is limited to
1. catch up on blog-reading
2. play the piano
3. make fudge
4. take a long hot shower with great water pressure

Did I mention today is going to be a good day?

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

That sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

Kim said...

You're local!?!? How long will you be here?

The Three 22nds said...

So were you involved in the flooded basement? :)